Cuisine: Vegetarian Cooking time: 30 mins Serving: 4 people
With such a strong bitter taste, can you believe karela is my favorite vegetable! Its pack with nutrients and minerals for many ailments especially diabetics.
- Wash and cut karela length-wise
- Chip karela, not too thick, not too thin about the size of two nickels
- In a skillet add oil, less than a 1/4 way from bottom
- Add onions and karela, sauté/fry
- Turn regularly to avoid burning but don’t break apart
- I like my karela fried with a bit of green still in it. If the taste is still too strong you can mellow it out with tomatoes while frying