Every West Indian home has split channa as a snacking staple. But let’s be realistic who has time to split channa unless you have 3 hours to kill watching Indian movies. Why not make the alternative fry dhal !
- In a large bowl soak dhal overnight or approximately 6 hours
- Prep the dhal for frying by rinsing and patting dry. The dhal is soft and crushable gently pat to avoid making small pieces. Try to remove as much water as possible to avoid splattering when frying
- Fill a high sided pot halfway with oil for frying
- Fry dhal in batches until it comes out golden brown but not burned
- Season with garlic, salt and wiri wiri peppers