What screams taste of the carribean? No other than crunchy and sweet coconut shrimp! Each bite brings you closer to warm weather and sandy beaches. All that’s missing is a cold beverage and sunscreen.
- Devein and peel shrimp leaving tail on
- Wash and pat dry
- Mix cornstarch, water, egg, onion powder, chili powder, salt and sugar together to form a pancake like batter in one dish
- Mix coconut flakes and panko bread crumbs in another dish
- Dip shrimp in liquid batter and then in coconut mixture set aside
- Once all of the shrimp is coated, begin deep frying for 2 minutes until golden brown
- Make sure oil is hot and don’t over cook shrimp